Gustav Klimt, The Kiss
“All art is erotic.”Gustav Klimt
• 14th of July 1862 – 6th of February 1918
• symbolist painter
• influences: Japanese, Chinese, Ancient Egyptian and Mycenaean.
• influenced: Egon Schiele.
Gustav Klimt was born in Vienna, in 1862. His father, Ernst Klimt, worked as an engraver and goldsmith, from whom he learned how to manipulate the famed metal.
Early in his artistic career, he was a successful painter of architectural decorations in a conventional manner, but for the rest of his life and even after, he was always the subject of a controversy.
Museum quality print. Turn your wall into an exquisite work of art.
• Paper thickness: 10.3 mil
• Paper weight: 5.6 oz/y² (192 g/m²)
• Giclée printing quality
• Opacity: 94%